How To's & DIY's for ProTool...
ProTool is divided into 6 core menus. Each containing control units(ecu's) in their "group". Each control unit menu has the core functions of read/clear errors codes, view live data, special functions & coding.
Note, not all control units are available for every car. The menu break down is:
Vehicle: This menu pertains to the entire vehicle. Not one specific control unit. You can read or clear all error codes at once, view the software or hardware variants for all the ecu's, view your installed options(Vehicle Order) or view which ecu's and vehicle ProTool identified at connection.
Drivetrain: This menu contains the control units DME(engine), EGS(transmission), EKP(fuel pump), VGSG(transfer case/xdrive) & VVT(valvetronic(n62 vehicles only).
Chassis: This menu is split into 2 due to its size.
Chassis-1 contains DSC(abs/brakes), ACC(active cruise control), TPMS(tire pressure), AFS(active steering), LDM(longitude dynamics) & CVM/CTM(convertible top).
Chassis-2 contains ARS(active roll stablization), PDC(parking sensors), SZL(steering angle), HKL(trunk lid), EHC(ride height control) & EDC(damper control).
Safety: This menu contains the control units MRS/ACSM(airbag), CAS(car access), FRM/LMA(lighting), DWA(alarm), PGS(comfort access) & MPM(power module).
Interior: This menu contains the control units KOMBI(instrument cluster), JBBF/KGM(gateway), FAS/BFS(seat modules), IHKA(climate control), RLS(Rain/Light sensor) & FZD/SHD(Sunroof).
Entertainment: This menu contains the control units RAD/CCC/CIC/Champ(Radio), MOSTGW( audio gateway), Mulf/Combox/TCM(Telematics) & Amp(amplifier).
Delete TPMS Light:
1. Unplug the RDC module. In pre-LCI models it is located behind the carpet and padding on the right side of the trunk. It is a white box that has RDC labeled on it. On LCI models, it is located in the rear passenger wheel well,
2. Code the 3 parameters containing "TPMS Delete" in the coding section of the instrument cluster to "Not Active".
1. Set "Comfort Closing via FOB" in the coding section of CAS to "Active".
2. Set "Folding Mirrors via FOB" in the coding section of FRM to "Active".
(optional) Set the "Comfort Closing Delay" in the coding section of CAS to 0ms to make mirrors fold quicker.
Delete SOS Light: Note, this light appears for many reason, this normally kills the error..
1. Set the 2 parameters containing "TCM Installed" in the coding section of the instrument cluster to "Not Active".
Video In Motion (CIC only):
1. Code the 3 video in motion parameters in the Idrive coding section.